Last week we went on a field trip for Library Studies. We went to Granville Island to see two sessions for the Vancouver Writer's Festival. It was a rainy day, pouring, in fact. That didn't stop us from skytraining like 45 minutes and then walking around the island. Although, we did have to Uber there. The first session we saw was one about 'Haunted Writing' and it was really interesting because horror is one of my favorite genres. I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed, you could say, so like I was kiiiinda trying not to fall asleep the whole time. But I still enjoyed it, it was just like a right place wrong time kinda thang. I still was able to like understand the whole thing and I know I really connected with Aden Polydoros' gothic fantasy novel "The City Beautiful." See? I even put in in italics to prove how intriguing it is.
After the panel ended, we got to buy some books for the library from the authors who spoke, (I obviously chose The City Beautiful who do u think I am seriously?) and then got them signed, we even got to ask questions one-on-one. Before we left to go to the market, we had a conversation with Robert outside and even took some pictures. Turns out I should really fulfill my lifelong, big-time dream of being an author. They basically make their own schedules, and they get to write, for a living. They're like Uber drivers, but cooler.
We ventured to the market and sampled pickles (which made my mouth water) and delicious goat cheese. Then we split up, and I sampled some NUTZ. They were soooooooo good, and SOOOOOO overpriced. I wish I could at least say the amount you pay for is worth the amount you get, but I'd prefer my pants don't set ablaze for my lies. I got a honey garlic pepperoni stick and it was really good. I love food. And then I cried in a bathroom because I was so tired that it just made me break down and I was really moody. I had to just go home because I was just such a mess, and I didn't get to see the second session. I couldn't find my way to the bus stop to the station, which turned my breakdown into p a n i c and I just kinda gave up and cried at a picnic table in between two elderly men just trying to enjoy their lunches. You can laugh btw this is like rlly funny.
I ended up figuring out the way, but it still took me like a solid 10 minutes to fully stop crying. So many mothers and their children judged me. Like don't pretend this was never you, Kathy. This is gonna be ur kid too in 14 years. hah.
The bus ride and the skytrain back was actually quite nice and I read my brain book while listening to Lana Del Ray, Weezer, Deftones, Fleetwood Mac, and Rihanna. I was in a weird state of mind, okay?
Looking back on my whole breakdown/panic attack/mind freak, it's really funny to me even though it just wasn't at all in the moment. But I have those moments quite often, and I always bounce back, so why waste time dwelling on it? The good parts of the day was really good, and super fun. I enjoyed the nap when I got home too, 9 whole hours of non-interrupted slumber.
Selina and I were both given the privilege of choosing 4 books to buy for our library. I can't remember the names of all my choices, but I know one is Rouge and the other is The City Beautiful (in italics again) and I'm pretty sure one of them was a graphic novel or comic type of thing. Idk. Not all of them are in the back office so. OOpsie.
No comments:
Post a Comment