The Sesame Street video was really cute. Cookie monster was my top favorite character besides Elmo, Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus. And the order is the same to this day of course. I didn't learn anything from it, but I loved the sense of nostalgia I got from watching it. I love things that remind me of when I was just a wee thing. Now I'm a big wee-wee. Ba-dum-tsss.
Anyways, working in the Library this month has been so chill. I get first dibs on any new book, free pastries from teachers I don't know, customer service experience I guess (like am I wrong? no.) not to mention I get to spend so much time in a place I love with like what's left of my cold stoney heart. I also am like 86% sure I have OCD so I like shelving books and setting them out in categories when Ms. PJ has a class in the library. I enjoy the social media posts too, they're so fun and I love selecting which books to post on the stories because I love to give book recommendations. The blogs are fun, but I'm still improving my ability to throw my best effort into them. I think I'm doing okay. I also have been reading so much more than I already did before being SL. I think that's because I now have such easy access and am constantly revolved around literature. I'm glad we started a book club, as I think it's an essential for every library in my non-expert opinion. I think we should do more to display literature and our library in general throughout the school. Technology has made our generation so out of touch from real life, and I think it's important to at least make the consideration of picking up a real book and reading an option for our youth.
This is a scene from Monsters University, which is like one of my favourite Pixar films. It's not informative at all, I just think it's funny how librarians in films are always perceived as like some old, grey haired, super cranky lady who's always shushing people. And then in reality, you have librarians like Ms. PJ, with pink hair and cute stationary tools. They even listen to Weezer.
I'm glad you're enjoying library life-the free pastries are a definite bonus! You missed french pastries last week ;). Your blog posts have gotten much more detailed, although you still often are missing components in the them. As I've told you many times, you are a strong writer and blogging is def. your thing. It's too bad it's not, like, 2009. You could make a living blogging back then. I'm excited about the book club, too. I'm also very curious how you think we can display the library/literature more around the school. I'm open to suggestions!
ReplyDelete