Working in the library the past semester has been such a fun and fulfilling experience. I really love literature, so I knew I would love working around books. I think it made my semester go by way smoother than it would have if I didn't take the course. You might not enjoy it as much if you don't enjoy reading or writing. Or if you don't know the alphabet.
However, if you are taking this course whether you like it or not, there are things you might want to know so you can succeed in the course.
⭒ Service w/ a smile - it pays off ngl
⭒ Check the teams and blogger everyday - try your best make checking it on your phone before class a habit
⭒ Remember throughout the course that if you cannot make it to class or you have an issue with an assignment, you can talk to her. She'll probably even thank you for it.
⭒ Really pay attention to the library and learn all the inner workings so you can always know what to do.
⭒ All of the assignments in reality are pretty quick and easy to get over with
⭒ When you're checking out books, make sure to click reset every time you finish checking one person out and move onto another
⭑ You don't have to click reset for check-ins
⭒ Let your creativity flow - if you have any ideas for the library (decor, displays, activities, etc), tell Ms. PJ and try to make it happen.
⭒ Always ask students if they have their Go-Card before asking for their student number - helps students get into the habit of keeping their school ID on them.
Bonus: I made a spotify playlist that radiates library vibes that I think Miss. PJ should play in the commons to chill the place out a bit more. It has 211 songs, at a total of about 13 hours long.
Library Vibes - Eden's Playlist
I am SUPER excited about this playlist :)
ReplyDelete